Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Birthday

February 15th was Clint's birthday. I know that was over a month ago but for unknown reasons it has taken me this long to post on my blog. I have several activities to post about, hopefully I will get caught up soon.



I hope you had a happy birthday Clint! We love you lots. You are the best dad & husband ever! We appreciate all that you do for us!


In Clint's family there are 3 birthdays in Feb. Clint's , his sister Shannon and Shannon's boy Rory. Here they are blowing out the birthday candles. We always form a spanking machine down the hall for the birthdays. You can see Clint's feet just going through the end of the line.

Clint got his birthday present early in January. We went to Las Vegas with our friends Mike and Melanie. Mike's birthday is in Jan. so we just celebrated together. We stayed at the Luxor. We went to the KA Cirque de Sole show, which was very entertaining. The next night we went to another show, La Cage, an impersonator show, it was kind of cheesey but pretty funny.

Saturday we stopped by the Las Vegas Speedway and snapped a few photos with the racecars. Clint happened to find one with his name on it.
Just posin' with the cars...Thought I'd go for a spin...This is Mike & Melanie, they are awesome! I've know Mel since elementary school. So, we liked the cars so much we went back the next day to take a ride! Pretty fun stuff. Even though it was for Clint & Mike's birthday, I had to get in on the fun.


Clint and Mike exchanging places. We got to go around the track 3 times at approx. 165 mph. It took maybe 3 minutes!
Clint, all geared up and ready to go.

Now it's my turn. I couldn't stop laughing the whole ride. The driver probably thought I was crazy.Getting all buckled in. We aren't even Nascar fans but this was pretty stinkin fun!
Hanging out on Freemont St.

Mel and I at the airport watching a movie on her Ipod, while we wait for our plane. We had quite the adventure on the ride home. 1st of all our plane was about and hour late arriving in Vegas. 2nd it was storming quite a bit in SLC and when we got to UT the pilot announced that they had closed our runway, so we were going to circle around Ogden and then land on a different runway. 3rd The pilot then announced that they had closed all runways and we were flying into Bosie. 4th On the way to Boise they opened up the SLC airport again but we didn't have enough gas to go back to SLC, we still needed to go to Boise to get gas. Are you serious? 5th we sat on a runway in Boise for about 1/2 hour filling up with gas and then we were on our way back to SLC. We made it this time. It was approx. 1 a.m. and we thought we would be getting to SLC around 8:30 or 9ish. We still had to go to Grandma & Grandpa's to pick up Jami so it was around 2 when we got home. Cole was pretty excited since he got to sleep over at Landon's house on a school night.


The birthday boys on the flight home.

This looks like a random picture just thrown in and it is but it was a lonely picture so I stuck it on the end of this post. Clint wanted all of the Dearden grandkids to make a human pryamid and this is as close as we could get. As you can see Kenna (in red on top) was not so sure about all of this mess.

3 comments:

The Dunford Times said...

Now I really want to go to Vegas!! I need a vacation...BAD! That looks like so much fun. I love your hair brown...

TeamTyson said...

Cheryl why didn't I see you on top of that pyramid? The kids at school tell me you are a great cheerleader!

chevron said...

I'm telling you I missed my calling as a cheerleader, so I have to live it out as the head cheerleader of the CD Unit. Oh, I guess I'm co-captain, Monica's the one that tells me you're awesome at the "Even Numbers" cheer. I'm just tryng to follow in your footsteps. I think that pyramid would have toppled a lot sooner than it did if I were on top!