Friday, January 9, 2009

Just Finished


I just finished reading this book last night. I have read another of Lisa See's books, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, and I really liked it so when I saw this book at Costco I picked it up. As I read the book I thought that I could tell what was going to happen and I wasn't so sure that I would like it. I just didn't understand how the author was going to hold my interest because I didn't like the way the story was going. Well, I kept reading and then I couldn't stop. I really found this book interesting. It is a historical novel, so there are some parts that are true and I really got into that. I would recommend reading this book in all of your sparetime.........yeah right, or maybe just in the wee hours of the night, like I did.

3 comments:

Moni said...

Wow! You found the bookshelf. It looks great. Your review makes me excited to read this book.

Shannon said...

I will have have some down time in a couple of weeks, can I borrow it?

chevron said...

Sure you can borrow it!