Monday, December 15, 2008

Grandma Rose

This is a picture of Clint's Grandma Rose. I believe it is her high school graduation picture. On Nov. 5, 2008, Grandma Rose passed away at the age of 90. She was an amazing woman! One of the kindest, and sweetest Grandma's ever! I have been so lucky to have her in my family. All 4 of my grandparents passed away by the time I was 5. Before we got married, I didn't believe Clint when he said that all 4 of his grandparents were still alive. I hope that my kids realize how lucky they are to have been able to get to know their great-grandparents. They are all gone now but we have many fun memories. A lot of game playing, cards especially, great rolls, great pies, fun outings and much more. We love you Grandma Rose! This is a part of the display at Grandma's funeral. The cards represent Grandma Rose's love of playing pinocle. Always a card game going on.

This picture was taken last Christmas (2007) at the Symphony Hall. I couldn't get Grandma to sit on Santa's lap, but she did agree to be in the picture. Jami, Rory, Cole, and Kellen, in Idaho Falls, on the way to Montana for Grandma's services.
Throwing food to the ducks and geese.


Jami racing with the birds. I think she beat a couple of them.


John, Kota, and Clint playing poker at Donna & Wally's house. I think that there were 3 poker tables and 1 pinocle table. Like I said a lot of card playing goes on in this family. It was like a family reunion. I think almost everyone was able to make it to Montana for the services.


Tucker playing pinocle. I think he's 9 and he kicked my rear-end. I'm just not much of a card player.

It looks like Kota is counting his chips.


"We are a happy family" Garrett making his nephew smile, and Grandma Janni joining in.

Rory cheesing it up for the camera.



Garrett and Jami. Garrett is Clint's cousin's son. Garrett said he didn't realize he had so many cousins. The kids really had a good time with all of their long lost cousins twice removed.


Cole & Todd at Burnt Fork. This is where Clint's family loves to go. Cole & Clint were sad that they didn't get a chance to go fishing here but at least they got to go and take a couple of pictures. I don't think a trip to Montana would be complete if Clint didn't get to go to Burnt Fork.
Cole at Burnt Fork.


Clint outside the church.

Pam and Melyssa at the lunch after the funeral. I think that Pam is looking for the funeral potatos, they were probably all gone.

This is Grandma Rose's sister she is 95.

Me holding Pam's baby Gracie. She is a cutie!

2 comments:

The Dunford Times said...

So sorry to hear about grandma Rose! It looks like you all had fun being together. I'm sure Grandma Rose was there and loved every minute of it!

TeamTyson said...

I am sorry about Grandma Rose she looks like a lady who will truly be missed.....on a lighter note, we have an underground poker ring in our basement the first of every month...just in case you want to brush up on your skills.